‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
St. Luke’s takes this to heart. We feel our mission to serve never sleeps. Our passion for missions – locally and worldwide – includes the following endeavors:
- Year-round clothing drive
- Year-round food collection and volunteer support for the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry in Collegeville, PA
- Year-round distribution of prayer shawls – knitted by The St. Luke’s knitters – to individuals in need physically and emotionally
- Collection of Christmas gifts for the Salvation Army
- Support of congregational families in need
- FREE community dinner on the 3rd Thursday of every month
- Sponsoring children through Compassion International
- Support Discovery Service Projects
- Support of disaster relief efforts
- Youth mission trips
- Support of Missionaries Steve & Debbie Buckner in Honduras
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Breakfast
- JuneFest Indoor Flea Market – Flea Market Tables, Book Sale, Food
- September Community Day
- Trunk or Treat
- Cookies with Santa
- Movie Nights
- Annual Golf Outing
Fall Events at St. Luke’s
On September 30th, St. Luke’s set up a Kindness Tent at Upper Frederick Township’s Community Day. We offered a variety of free activities for kids in the community. All surrounding the idea of spreading & sharing kindness with others. Activities included Tie Dying St. Luke’s Tee shirts printed with the words Kindness is Contagious; writing a decorated note of kindness to someone special; painting kindness rocks that were then placed around the park; and decorating and filling essential bags for the homeless to help support Grace’s mission in Philadelphia. Over 50 children in the community came through and participated in our activities. Volunteers from the church, church friends and members of the Perk Valley HS Key Club all helped to make the day a big success.
Trunk or Treat was held on Oct. 21st where about 30 families came through in costumes. We had 14 decorated cars set up for Trunk or Treat! The Upper Frederick Fire Department joined us with their fire engine and handed out candy. We served free hot dogs and beverages in Fellowship Hall and held a scavenger hunt complete with prizes.
JOIN US – AND BRING A FRIEND!!