At St. Luke’s, the Jr. High LYO (Lutheran Youth Organization) includes students in grades 6 and 7 and the Sr. High LYO includes students in grades 8 through 12. The LYO meets weekly in its own area within St. Luke’s Education Building.
We strive to keep our youth strong for Jesus through searching, serving, and fun. We do our searching at meetings which help them learn more about their Christianity through discipleship and games. Our serving comes through projects both in the church (such as car washes & helping at church events) and through community outreach projects (such as assisting at local food pantries) as well as organized Mission Trips. We have fun by playing games at our meetings, day trips, camping trips, and attending organized retreats. We always welcome kids’ friends and other new faces to join with us.
LYO is where teens learn about the Bible and books within the Bible, all while growing closer to God. There is nothing better than hanging out in a supportive environment while exploring what living faith for young people in a modern world looks like.
The LYO is largely self-supporting, holding a variety of fundraisers and participate in many charitable events:
- The 30-hour famine which raises money for people that don’t have enough food to eat.
- The annual week long mission trip, traveling near and far to offer a hand to those in need.
- Dinners for the church like our famous Texas Chili Night.
- Lock-in’s to help raise funds.
- Volunteering for the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry in Schwenksville.
Check out our Events and Fundraisers tabs for upcoming events. For more information contact church or by email @firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Facebook Page HERE