Pastor Paul E. Chapman – Bio:
Everything you need to know about Pr. Paul (maybe)
– Born September 30, 1961 in Chicago, IL, the second son of Frank and Lucille (Maniscalco) Chapman, both deceased.
– One brother, Mark, who lives in Columbia, SC
– Married since 1997 to Rev. Lynette Chapman (currently pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church in Quakertown).
– We have a daughter (adopted), Raylynn.
– We have two cats, Abby and Mel
– Graduated from Luther High School North (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod) in Chicago – 1978
– Enrolled in North Park College in Chicago in 1978, graduated from North Park in 1993 (long story, ask me sometime) with majors in Music and Political Science
– Graduated from The Lutheran Theological Seminary in Gettysburg in 1999
– Freelance musician in Chicago for 20 years (trumpet, recorder)
– Church organist and Choir Director at several churches in Chicago
– Manager of several stores in Chicago-area record store chain
– Synodically Authorized Lay Minister – St. James Lutheran Church in Pitman, PA 1999-2001
– Ordained in 2001
– Pastor of Christ Lutheran Church in Mahanoy City, PA 2001-2005
– Bridge Pastor at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Jamison, PA 2005
– Pastor of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Spinnerstown, PA 2005-2012
– Reading: I read religion, theology, spirituality a lot; I also read about American History, Ancient and Medieval History, Baseball, and Science; I read science fiction, mystery and adventure novels; and I read comic books
– I watch a lot of sports, especially baseball (life-long fan of the Chicago Cubs, now also able to root for the Phillies) and football
– As a family we like to hike and travel
– We play miniature golf and go to baseball games (especially the Reading Phillies and the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, but we try to see games wherever we go, if possible)
– I enjoy building Legos
I hope this gives you a sense of who I am and where I’ve come from. Of course there is much more to my life that isn’t here, and I am sure you will hear stories from me about my life and my family as we spend more time together. I look forward to hearing your stories, as well.