Where God’s love, care, and warmth is knitted into shawls and garments for those who need them. The St. Luke’s Knitting Ministry meets on the second Tuesday and the fourth Thursday of each month in the Welcome Center at 7:00 PM. The Knitting Ministry started with scarves and the projects quickly took off, such as:
- Scarves donated to Daily Bread Community Food Pantry
- Baby and child hats, some even going to Biloxi, MS after Hurricane Katrina
- “Knit for Kids” sweaters, shipped overseas
- Scarves for the Merchant Marines of the Seaman’s Institute in Philadelphia
- Prayer shawls
- Scarves, shawls, blankets, hats for the Mission’s craft table to support their outreach to the community
The comfort these creations provide allows others to know God’s love in a tangible way. If you would like to knit or crochet with the group, or if you know of someone who would benefit from a prayer shawl, please join us or contact the church at 610-754-7762.